The whole development community is talking about the new development goals post-2015. The UN Eminent Persons Group led by David Cameron, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and Dr Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, consulted governments, organisations, institutions UN agencies, CSOs, major corporations and individuals to provide perspectives and ideas on the post-2015 development agenda.
The outcome of their work resulted in this list of 17 proposed sustainable development goals to be attained by 2030.
- End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- End hunger, achieve food security and adequate nutrition for all, and promote sustainable agriculture
- Attain healthy life for all at all ages
- Provide equitable and inclusive quality education and life-long learning opportunities for all
- Attain gender equality, empower women and girls everywhere
- Secure water and sanitation for all for a sustainable world
- Ensure access to affordable, sustainable, and reliable modern energy services for all
- Promote strong, inclusive and sustainable economic growth and decent work for all
- Promote sustainable industrialization
- Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Build inclusive, safe and sustainable cities and human settlements
- Promote sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Promote actions at all levels to address climate change
- Attain conservation and sustainable use of marine resources, oceans and seas
- Protect and restore terrestrial ecosystems and halt all biodiversity loss
- Achieve peaceful and inclusive societies, rule of law, effective and capable institutions
- Strengthen and enhance the means of implementation and global partnership for sustainable development
What do you think of these goals?