So how do you choose a comfortable mattress? Well, there are a number of things to think about. Your height and weight will help determine the size of your bed; for example, if you’re on the taller side then you might want a queen or king-size. You also need to take into consideration what type of mattress you like: foam mattresses, latex mattresses, spring mattresses. There are pros and cons to each one that depends on your needs so be sure to read up before buying!
Mattress Buying Guide
Choosing a mattress may seem simple, but there are many things to take into consideration before you decide on something that is most comfortable for you. You need to think about things like your height, weight, and how easily the mattress can be flipped or rotated. Below are some suggestions on how to choose a comfortable mattress for you.
1) Pay attention to the size
If you’re tall then it might be worth investing in a larger mattress, such as a queen or king. This will help make sure you have enough space to sleep comfortably without feeling cramped. Foam mattresses are especially good for this since they tend to be larger than other types of mattresses.
2) Think about your sleeping habits
What’s your favorite way to sleep? On your side, on your stomach, or on your back? The way you sleep will determine what type of mattress you should get. If you regularly wake up with aches and pains then consider buying a memory foam mattress because these are especially good for people who sleep on their side.
If you’re someone who regularly sleeps hot, then an air-cooled or spring mattress would be a better choice.
3) How easy is it to rotate or flip your mattress?
Depending on how easily your mattress can be flipped, you will need to find one that works for your needs. If you’re someone who moves around a lot when you sleep, then go with a spring mattress. These are the most easily flipped and usually the cheapest.
If you’re not as active at night then a foam mattress would be a better choice since they’re not as easily turned over and tend to last longer than other types of mattresses.
4) Do you want an adjustable base?
Some people find it helpful to have an adjustable base for their mattress. These can come in handy for those who want to read or watch TV before falling asleep. If you like this idea then be sure to find a bed that is compatible with an adjustable base, such as one that has head and foot motors on the sides of the bed.
5) Your budget!
Finally, you will need to think about how much you want to spend on a mattress. While you don’t need to get the absolute most expensive one out there, getting a good quality one will help ensure that it lasts longer and gives you better overall value for your money.
Tips for cheap mattress shopping
1. Don’t be swayed by the prices of higher-end mattresses, which can sometimes be shockingly high. They may have more features, so you will need to research how much they really add to your sleep quality.
2. Be sure to compare your budget on a mattress vs. the cost of a new bed set at IKEA or other stores that sell affordable furniture and beds.
3. Ensure you have a mattress protector for your mattress, which may help provide a barrier against spills and stains.
4) Always purchase new sheets with a mattress – this is a big investment and it is worth going in with everything that you need from the start!